Nico Orru, der er programmør hos SIE Immersive Technology Group, har afsløret at Driveclub VR vil udkomme eksklusivt til PlayStation VR senere på året. Dette er ikke klokkeklar kopi af Drvieclub, men har en række ekstra features og opgraderinger:
There has been some confusion as to whether or not Driveclub VR will be a stand-alone game, but that ends now.
• Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges.
• Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new urban locations.
• A closer look: More than 80 cars are recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode.
• Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
• Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode.